Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Celebrities: Mariah Carey Hates on American Idol Experience, Likens Nicki Minaj to Satan

Mariah Carey Hates on American Idol Experience, Likens Nicki Minaj to Satan

Come on, Mariah Carey. Tell us how you really feel about Nicki Minaj.

In an interview today with Angie Martinez of Hot 97, the artist reflected on her single season behind the judging table of American Idol and made it as clear as can be: it totally and completely sucked!

Bad Idol Judges

"Honestly, I hated it," Mariah said. "Here's what it was. I was the first person who signed on...I thought it was going to be a three-person panel.

"They gave me a nice...monetary moment, and I was just like, 'Okay, Randy Jackson will be there; I've known him forever. He used to play bass for me. Like, this isn't a big deal. This will be nothing.'"

So why did it become something? Carey did not single out Nicki by name... but she might as well have.

"It was like going to work every day in hell with Satan," Carey said of her time on the show.

Carey and Minaj famously and opened bickered throughout the run as panelists.

In one instance, Nicki was caught cursing Mariah off on tape and in another she allegedly threatened the life of her fellow Idol star.

There was one positive in Carey's run, however.

"You know what I loved? I loved the contestants," she told Martinez. "And some of them that were so good - and also really good people, you could tell - it was disappointing when [the judges] would, for political reasons, not put people through."

Mariah, meanwhile, has moved on. She just released a new single in fact. Listen now to the aptly named "The Art of Letting Go."

The Hollywood Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment