Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age Singer, RIPS Jay Z as "Kook" Who Can "Eff Off"

Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age Singer, RIPS Jay Z as "Kook" Who Can "Eff Off"

Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme is tearing into Jay Z regarding the rock group's treatment at his Made in America festival this summer.

Homme told CBC Radio 2's Strombo Show that Jay is a "kook" who uses extreme security practices and only gave them champagne for a photo op.

“He has his security frisking the bands on the way in," Homme said.

  • Josh Homme Pic
  • Jay-Z Red Carpet Photo

"I just told them, 'If you open up my bag, I’m not playing, so I guess it’s up to you whether we are playing or not.' The idea they frisked all my guys, means you’re in some different place."

"No-one has ever done that [to me]."

It got worse from there, he says.

“He also gave us some champagne and wanted us to take a photo with it,” the 40-year-old singer said. “And I thought that’s not a gift that is a marketing tool."

"So I destroyed it. Because I thought it was rude overall."

"And you shouldn’t frisk my guys, you should fuck off.”

Jay Z had yet to address Homme's comments, but the rocker's remarks stand out because much of the entertainment community is wary of criticizing him.

If the allegations are true, though, it would seem that Beyonce's better half, who has reached full-on mogul status of late, has gotten too corporate.

What do you think of his comments?

The Hollywood Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment